What to do when say…
- “It’s being processed”
- “Collect from the patient”
- “We never received it”
- “It wasn’t medically necessary”
- “It’s not usual, customary, or reasonable.”
- “You filed untimely”
- “You owe us money”
What to do when they…
- Deny a claim
- Write poor language on the explanation of benefits statement
- Stall from paying you
- Are there tools to make it easy to collect from patients?
- What should I do when a patient won’t pay their bills?
- Is it illegal for me to discount or waive patient portions?
- Should I ever send a patient to collections?
- Do I have to verify benefits with EVERY patient?